Sunday 8 March 2015

Manics Top 50s - 8th March 2015

Today's chart comes from, well, my mother.  What can I say, I'm a bad influence.  She also insisted her chart was in purple.  That perennial low-scorer in the 'By Era' charts, Lifeblood, gets its day in the sun here with seven songs making the cut.  If you're also a Lifeblood fan and want to see it get a bit more recognition here, what are you waiting for?!  It managed to get one song into the final 50 last time, will it go one better or disappear without a trace?  There are still weeks ahead of us to determine which way it will go......

Jennifer - Mother of @Pyfbrown

"My favourite track of all time for the Manics is Motorcycle Emptiness and I would always vote for this as my 1st track in any chart for the Manics. I voted for my 50 favourite tracks last time, and this time have changed it somewhat. I've listened to recent albums of the Manics, owned by @Pyf brown, and have liked some of these tracks, and therefore entered them in my top 50 favourites. Though my favourite album has got to be Gold Against The Soul."

Jennifer Top 50

1. Motorcycle Emptiness
2. La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)
3. Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
4. 1985
5. Gold Against the Soul
6. The Girl Who Wanted to be God
7. Faster
8. Enola/Alone
9. From Despair to Where
10. Suicide is Painless (Theme From MASH)
11. Sleepflower
12. (It's Not War) Just the End of Love
13. Postcards From a Young Man
14. Tsunami
15. The Everlasting
16. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
17. Small Black Flowers That Grow in the Sky
18. Little Baby Nothing
19. Nat West - Barclays - Midlands - Lloyds
20. Dead Trees and Traffic Islands
21. Empty Souls
22. Kevin Carter
23. Black Dog on my Shoulder
24. The Love of Richard Nixon
25. A Design For Life
26. Life Becoming a Landslide
27. Drug Drug Druggy
28. There By the Grace of God
29. The Second Great Depression
30. Yourself
31. Be Natural
32. Australia
33. Autumnsong
34. Always - Never
35. A Song For Departure
36. Glasnost
37. Hibernation
38. You Stole the Sun From my Heart
39. 4 Ever Delayed
40. Send Away the Tigers
41. I Live to Fall Asleep
42. Firefight
43. She is Suffering
44. Anthem For a Lost Cause
45. Dreaming a City (Hughesovka)
46. Interiors (Song for Willem de Kooning)
47. Nostalgic Pushead
48. Between the Clock and the Bed
49. Walk Me to the Bridge
50. So Why So Sad

By Era
Generation Terrorists 4
Gold Against the Soul 9
The Holy Bible 2
Everything Must Go 8
This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours 6
Know Your Enemy 1
Lifeblood 7
Send Away the Tigers 4
Journal for Plague Lovers 0
Postcards From a Young Man 2
Rewind the Film 1
Futurology 3
Others 3

No comments:

Post a Comment