Saturday 28 February 2015

Manics Top 50s - 28th February 2015

It's great to see that, apart from the last chart, all of the contributors so far (including a couple not yet blogged) are new participants, it bodes well for increasing our overall total!

Today's chart sees a number one that hasn't yet had that particular accolade as yet and as mentioned in the first 'additional comments by the author' section below it's quite evenly spread across the albums.

Today's blog feels like an opportune moment to mention my own chart endeavours.  I will of course be submitting my own top 50 in due course, but I'm not stopping there.  I'm extending my chart to include ALL of the eligible songs, yes, all 307 of them.  Only the top 50 will get a score for the overall chart of course, but it will definitely be interesting attempting to rank all of the songs!!  I can't say yet when my chart will be complete but rest assured there will be a full Twitter countdown in chunks of 25!  If any of you stay awake that long, that is.......

Stunned Fox (via email)

"This has ended up rather more evenly spread between eras than I anticipated... I first came across "New Chart Riot" about a week after the first chart was compiled, so I'm glad to have the opportunity to contribute this time around. Hopefully "Epicentre" can, if nothing else, crack the top 100 - criminally underrated track and definitely my favourite Manics tune."

Stunned Fox Top 50
1. Epicentre
2. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
3. Motown Junk
4. Faster
5. Some Kind of Nothingness
6. I Live To Fall Asleep
7. Ready For Drowning
8. Mausoleum
9. Little Baby Nothing
10. You're Tender and You're Tired 
11. Solitude Sometimes Is
12. This is Yesterday
13. Door to the River
14. PCP
15. Doors Closing Slowly
16. Golden Platitudes
17. Roses in the Hospital
18. Black Dog on my Shoulder
19. Archives of Pain
20. Sepia
21. This Sullen Welsh Heart
22. All is Vanity
23. Broken Up Again
24. Let Robeson Sing
25. Dreaming a City (Hughesovka)
26. Kevin Carter
27. Walk Me to the Bridge
28. Jackie Collins Existential Question Time
29. Interiors (Song for Willem de Kooning)
30. The Year of Purification
31. A Design for Life
32. ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldfallapart
33. Rewind the Film
34. 1985
35. Australia
36. Of Walking Abortion
37. Running Out of Fantasy
38. La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)
39. Imperial Bodybags
40. Empty Motorcade
41. A Billion Balconies Facing the Sun
42. A Song For Departure
43. Freedom of Speech Won't Feed My Children
44. Nobody Loved You
45. Misguided Missile
46. Life Becoming a Landslide
47. The Everlasting
48. Let's Go To War
49. Motorcycle Emptiness
50. To Repel Ghosts

By Era
Generation Terrorists 3
Gold Against the Soul 3
The Holy Bible 7
Everything Must Go 5
This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours 6
Know Your Enemy 4
Lifeblood 5
Send Away the Tigers 1
Journal for Plague Lovers 3
Postcards From a Young Man 4
Rewind the Film 3
Futurology 5
Others 1

No comments:

Post a Comment